Global Discipline Lead - Electrical
Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a Global Discipline Lead - Electrical, to join our team in Västerås. In joining us you will play an important part in the construction of our large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
As a Global discipline lead - Electrical, you will guide the work of this discipline in the Factory Engineering team and collaborate within the organization by supporting the development of optimized design solutions for current and future design of Northvolt's factories, ensuring best in class battery manufacturing facilities. You will also support the Northvolt Factory Programs teams to find the most efficient designs & solutions.
The Blueprint & Factory Engineering team was created to deliver on Northvolt’s vision and bold expansion plans. The team’s mission is to deliver a digital factory blueprint of a scalable, rapidly deployable, highly efficient world class battery factory. It constitutes a comprehensive solution with guidelines and tools needed for establishment of the factory spanning process, equipment, materials, facility, utilities and people
To summarize, Blueprint & Factory Engineering is a highly strategic but also execution oriented and cross functional team which aids Northvolt in our mission to enable the future of energy.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creation and review of Northvolt Electrical design philosophies and guidelines.
- Collect, coordinate and structure the Electrical design requirements from the factory users, amongst all teams and engineering disciplines.
- Ensure coordination between internal/external stakeholders and design consultants and compliance with environmental requirements.
- Preparation and review of concept and basic design within the disciplines.
- Provide technical support during Detail Design and Execution phases.
- Coordinate design on multidiscipline project teams, including Process engineering, MEP and CSA disciplines.
- Make technical assumptions and drive investigations and studies during early design stages.
- Be able to develop quantity take offs and assist with cost estimating for projects in short time frames.
- Provide planning estimates with limited scoping information.
- Manage the electrical engineers within Factory Design team and mentor junior team members.
- Act as the company-wide point of reference for the discipline.
- Perform design option analysis for cost efficiency, constructability, etc.
The person we are looking for is passionate and purpose driven, enjoys to interface with multiple engineering disciplines in a very fast-paced environment.
You are flexible, hardworking, open minded, got a lot of grit and of course a sense of humor.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.